Wednesday, December 13, 2006

so i have my christmas music playing, strung some lights up in my apartment and my christmas yule candle is burning filling my entire apartment with the most familiar fragrance i have found here so far... and all this together equals up to pretty much all i could ask for at christmas in a country that isn't home.
ok, i'm not gonna lie, it's actually pretty great.
my apartment is finally getting decorated... yes, it is an odd conglomeration of non matching fabric, foliage and whatever else i can find and manage to hang up... but it's still mine. i was the one who decided that it was a good idea to take my bouquet of fake flowers, disassemble it, and string them up with christmas ribbon and tie it around the base of my light socket to disguise the gaping hole... ok, so it looks just as crazy as it sounds. whatever, it smells like christmas here, and for now, it's home.
i have posted some pictures from today.
the people from the chitalishte as well as other zlatarianians and i, decorated the christmas tree in the center of town. it was such an amazing beautiful day. waaayyy to warm for the middle of december...global warming much? sorry, i'm a youth development volunteer. i'm pretty sure environmental issues have their own peace corps program to worry about that sort of thing. so, as for me, i'm liking everything about the weather today. oh yeah, and the last picture is of the girl that i tutor every week and i. she is younger, but i also have a group of older students that study in the school with me twice a week. maybe i'll get some pictures of that tomorrow for you.
let's see... anything else...
i made soup tonight.
it had radishes, spinach, seaweed, an egg, and mushroom broth.
it was amazing.
but now i don't know if i'm actually a good cook, or if i have just convinced myself that i am to give me liberty to throw a bunch of totally random crap in a pot together and consider it genius. doesn't really matter.
i liked it.
kind of tasted like miso.
yeah, i just made miso soup in bulgaria with radishes and spinach.
see, i can convince myself of anything.
genius.




2 Comments:

At Friday, December 15, 2006, Blogger LauraDyas said...

Tracy,
I finally figured out that you just have to have wait long enough for the video to play. It was worth the wait though! OK who is Ryan? He is really cute and a good dancer! :) Thanks for the fun video it was a great way to start my morning. Gotta love the music, very catchy tunes! It may stay in my brain all day. Glad you were able to decorate, from the sounds of it you did a great job. The soup sounded awesome as well. Keep up the outstanding job. Your blog is the first thing I do every morning when I get to work. The photos and video are wonderful. Have a great day!
Laura D

 
At Friday, December 15, 2006, Blogger tracy said...

thanks laura!
your encouragement means so much!
hope the holiday season is treating you well. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home