Tuesday, October 24, 2006

home

so, as is always the case, everything that i had wanted to say, is temporarily forgotten now that i sit down at the computer.
all i can think of to say now is that i'm in zlataritsa...
my bulgarian sucks.
my understanding is growing by leaps and bounds, seemingly by the minute... but my speaking...
that... well... i don't really want to talk about right now.
my counterpart and her family, and my neighbors tell me my bulgarian is great.
but they are nice people.
i know better.
damn conjugation.
words i know...
words are not a problem.
i could memorize 100 words a day easy...
putting them together to form usable sentences...
well that is still, as before, a different story.
ok. rambling... and not about what anybody wants to hear about.
lets talk about my apartment...
first off.. i just today got a fridge and stove...
BUT, they are brand new.
as is my table.
and sheets on the bed.
i feel spoiled. and i am. relatively i suppose...
anyway, back to topic.
my colleagues are super nice.
the people in the town seem quite nice as well... but i do have to say that it is a good thing were constantly stared at all the time in Kraynitsi, or else this might be a little of a shock.
for anyone who has ever wanted to be the center of attention, well then, peace corps is for you.
i, myself, have always wavered between the two... not wanting to be the center of attention, but at the same time... do.
in equal amounts.
sigh, again, back to topic.
yesterday went to veliko turnovo to get some of my paper work taken care of so i can continue to stay in the country.
today, we went back to veliko turnovo and bought the table, and fridge, and stove...then in the afternoon i was at the chitaliste with mita, my counterpart and 5 girls from the school, who every Tuesday and Thursday have dance practice.
indian dance as they call it.
man these girls are great.
in between rehersal songs they take breaks with rap songs and dance... so much fun.
anyways, i can't dance well and definitely not quecheck (i have absolutely no idea in the world how to spell it... sorry) , but they didn't seem to care... because i jumped in and danced with them anyways...loved it.
then they asked me if i could teach them to make jewelry... which i would love to do of course,
now it is just a matter of finding the money to get the material...i will think of something... or i will resort to less-expensive materials instead of semi-precious gemstones and silver. But the girls said that they wanted to to learn how to make the jewelry and then to sell it...
there are so many possibilities here...
seriously.
just the money to begin...blah...
ok, tracy, relax. it is your fourth day in town, you can only talk in three tenses, and still struggle pronouncing the "h" at the end of past tense and end up saying "k" instead.
lets take this one step at a time.
right.
ok, enough self-talk via my online blog.
i am not sure if that is more or less crazy than self-talk to yourself???
man i miss all you guy, because my rambling/ranting (hopefully) appeared a lot more logcial (or not) when there were actual people around. or at least it might have been semi-amusing.
as it is now... i actually have used the good ol' fashioned paper journal a few times, because when you feel a thousand things at once and there is nobody around to vent to it actually helps.
so now i have at least one journal entry in my paper journal per year.
since 2002 i believe. yea me.
done rambling, lets finish up my Zlataritsa update.
ok, so today, veliko turnovo, then chitaliste, then over to Mita's with her family.
I showed them the videos i took of the roma dancers in kustendil last month.
hung out, her son speaks english (a 6 in school, the highest grade here)
but wants to speak better.
they asked if i would help and teach english to them, and specifically her son asked to help with his english class (12 kids)
ok, so i have never taught before and am scared to death.
whatever.
why the heck am i here if not to help out with what they need.
they want to speak english.
whoa, crazy coincidence, I speak english.
and quite well i might add.
((for those of you wondering, (if anyone is wondering) i AM aware that you are supposed to capitalize the beginnings of sentences, and proper nouns, and other grammatical rules that i chose to ignore for this blog as well as the majority of emails i send))
ok, well, i am hungry, i am going to go have an apple.
which brings me to my last point of this ridiculously long entry.
food.
i am cooking for myself once again.
i forgot how amazing it was.
yesterday i made vegetable soup.
and ate if for dinner, and breakfast this morning, and lunch as well.
because i could.
because i love vegetable soup.
(but yes, also because i didn't have a fridge to put it in so i had to eat the entire pot before the terrace, which was acting as my fridge, no longer sufficed as a refrigeration device)
but anyways, i think i have probably lost 2 lbs since moving here on thursday.
which is good.
because i gained 8lbs in two months living in kraynitsi... no more banitsa that's for sure.
or cookies around all the time like at my family's house there.
or chocolate as a breakfast food.
no good.
ok, you can all stop reading now, if you haven't already, because i am done.
for real this time.
so much for not having anything to say.
i hope you enjoyed a tiny tiny tiny glimpse into my thought process.
good night.
muah!
tracy
p.s.
thanks for the stevia and shampoo mom, i'll find out my address tomorrow.
:-)

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just happened across your blog and I think you'll do fine in Bulgaria (I was there as a volunteer for a couple of years myself). Don't worry about teaching and whatnot, PC is full of all kinds of helpful information (lesson plans, etc.) and this will help you start making a positive contribution to your community. Just remember to stay positive and you'll have an awesome experience.

 
At Tuesday, October 24, 2006, Blogger Meag said...

Tracy,

My boyfriend Ryan L. is in your group and, while seeking out his fellow PCV's sites, I stumbled across yoursfairly early on in your service. Just thought I'd let you know I find it very engaging. (I am an RPCV myself who was med-sep'd from her program, and recall much of what you describe with great vividness). Anyway, thought I'd let you know I enjoy the blog very much!

Meag

 
At Tuesday, October 24, 2006, Blogger Wifer said...

Hey smoochies,
I missed you:) We got another 1% raise. I am RICH. When you get time email me your address and I can send supplies for your girls. I will talk L into helping me too.

Miss you
Love you

 
At Thursday, October 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whose L in D's comment....is that me?? i miss you a looooottttt, email me lindsay.stern@gmail.com so we can talk personally!!
xoxoxoxoxoxo
kisses and hugs from orchards :)

-lindsay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home