Sunday, August 27, 2006

well, i am all better now...
i know everybody is collectively breathing a sigh of relief. :-)
anyway... not too much to update.
yesterday i took a huge bite into a plum from off our tree, then looked and there were maggots everywhere...
not gonna lie, it was pretty f'ing disgusting.
i didn't even think and just spit it everywhere, on the floor of my house... opps.
my host mom was laughing... i wasn't.
after i laughed.
after i spit out every single bit i could possibly regurgatate.

last night i went with my host brother to a nagosti (visit). he asked me to go because stacey (another volunteer in my town) was going to be there with her host mom.
It was nice to have somebody to speak a little english with, and not be the only one totally lost in the conversation.
after the people we were visiting drank a sufficiant amount of rakia, it was time for the unavoidable circle dancing.
love it.
stacey and i were finally convinced to join in... although we only know one dance.

we joked that we don't have even close to enough language skills to have any sort of conversation with people, but we could tell them all the food on the table if they wanted.
oh, and also we are currently learning prepositions.
i said that i have all the language tools needed to discuss the meaning of the universe now with words such as "in" "on" "behind" and "in front".
stacey agreed. she goes, "yes. is God on the table? under the table? behind the table? next to the table? just look hard enough, and you will find God"

this was, and continues to be, the most hilarious conversation i have had in quite a while.

ok, maybe it is one of those "you had to be there" sort of things.



annnnyway. i'm heading back to the house for a bit to study.
then later going with my language trainer and the other volunteers in my town to Dupnitsa for dinner and a Chalga concert.
yeah! chalga! whoo hoo!
(ok, so it's not exactly my type of music... but, it will be interesting at least.)

miss you guys.
so much.

tracy

7 Comments:

At Sunday, August 27, 2006, Blogger Emily said...

Oh Tracy...I feel better just reading this blog after the other one. I had tears in my eyes when I read your first breakdown blog. Hang in there. I know you are having a great time. Experiencing the highest highs and the lowest lows...but you are making a difference. So proud of you.

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracy:

Hi Tracy! Nicole and I just read your blog and are also glad that you are feeling better. I'm surprised to hear about the magot situation. I heard that magots are a delicacy in some parts of the world. I thought you would enjoy them!

We're planning to go to Cedar Point with the rest of your family on Saturday but your mom sounds like a big chicken. I guess there is no "Top Thrill Dragster" in her future. We'll miss you! I hope you're enjoying your adventure.

Norm & Nicole

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Blogger Wifer said...

Hey Tracy,
We miss you too. work is still work and its just not the same without you.

Love you smoochie

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tracy it's Nicole Freda. I miss you like crazy! Hey I was listening to a song today and the first thought I had was how much I missed you. :( The song is called Where'd You Go- Featuring Holly Brook by Fort Minor. You can watch the music video on yahoo music on the computer. I can't with till you get back and I get to see you! Every time I see the jewerly you made I think of you. Well I'm happy that you'r likeing you'r new home. You can e-mail me at thinkpink1147@yahoo.com. I miss you like crazy and I love you a lot! Bye!

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006, Blogger LauraDyas said...

Hi Tracy,
This is the first chance I have had to read your blog and I laughed so hard when I read about the maggots. I remember when I went to Moldovia and had a very similar situation. You will always remember these times. I am so proud of you. You are truly making a real difference in the world and even though it is difficult now, things will get much better soon. Hang in there and know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Awesome job so far and remember everyone who encounters you will be a better person because of knowing you. Best of luck and I look forward to reading more about what you are doing. Keep up the excellent work and stay away from the fresh fruit! :)
Laura Dyas

 
At Monday, September 04, 2006, Blogger tracy said...

thanks for all your comments.
you don't know how much they mean to me.
:-)

 
At Thursday, January 07, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home