Friday, November 03, 2006

snow.

it started snowing for the first time here today.
and yes, it is sticking.
this does not put my in a good mood.
blah.
oh and just when i think my bulgarian is actually getting better, i go out in public and have to talk to someone who doesn't speak "tracy bulgarian" and i am reminded once again how much i totally suck.
but, on the bright side, i spent the entire night doing something that i am really really good at.
cooking.
sigh.
yes, no matter if i can communicate important topics to my collegues or not, i can at least go home and cook some freaking great food.
healthy food.
good tasting healthy food.
make up new recipes.
fun, and pretty cheap hobbie.
plus, it is something that i have to do anyways... eat and all... to live, ya know.
there are so many great things you can do with vegetables, it am excited even thinking about it.
yes, you heard right.
i just spent my friday night cooking and now i'm admiting to the fact that i actually get pumped for veggies.
oh, the exciting night life in zlataritsa.
ok, so maybe the snow has put me in a bad mood.
things are actually really good here.
my collegues are fantastic.
they are actually planning a thanksgiving party for me.
angelina has homemade wine to contribute.
nikolai has turkeys and is going to "donate" one for it.
i'm sorry that you have to die mr. turkey. but it's gonne be thanksgiving. and for the first time in my life, i want mine to be as american as possible.
odd, the things i never though i'd miss, and here i am, pumped for the butcher of an innocent turkey. (ok, so maybe i'm also excited that my collegues care enough about me to put together a party so that i can feel like i'm back at home)
and along the topic of things i miss, mom, if you feel so inclined, when the new year rolls around, a michigan calandar or pictures of michigan in general would be much appreciated. i believe i still have a birthday sometime in january.
feel free to be late about it. i deserve it. the bad birthday forgetting daughter that i am.
ok.
welllll, i have a clothes line in my apartment waiting for me to hang.
the weather will no longer permit for me to hang my handwashed clothes outside to dry.
they just freeze.
doing me absolutely no good.
and on a related note, i also have clothes i have to handwash.
in my bathroom.
with my standard issue toilet/shower in one.
if anyone knows of any better way to wash clothes without a washing maching other than by hand let me know.
is there maybe some non electrical device to do it maybe?
like a salad spinner or something?
one can only hope....

2 Comments:

At Friday, November 03, 2006, Blogger Emily said...

i can't believe it's snowing there already....are you in a more snowy region than others? or is it just always a snowy winter in bulgaria?

tracy..you sound so happy and that's so great. i laugh outloud when i read your comments. i'm looking forward to watching your two year experience and living vicariously through you all over there.

take care.

 
At Saturday, November 04, 2006, Blogger Meag said...

Thanks for the comment back! :) I'm extremely excited about moving there... and am very much looking forward to meeting you, as well as the rest of Ryan's friends. Is there anything I can bring to you in my suitcase that you're craving? (Besides some Floridian sun, that is!)

Meag

 

Post a Comment

<< Home